Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.general

Default Change formatting style on page numbers in index...

When you insert a bookmark on a given page, then you can insert a
cross-reference to the page number of that bookmark (a PAGEREF field). I
don't know if this helps.

"Greg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Suzanne,

I appreciate your reply. I've taken the weekend to give some thought to
your idea of formatting the index manually. I believe I am able to
generate a catalog formatted mail merge file into an index provided
there is a way to capture the page numbers for each indexed item in
some way. Do you have any recommendations on how this may be
accomplished?

BTW, do you know if there is a way to tie a bookmark to a page number?
If so, I may be able to map that to each indexed item. Have you any
thoughts regarding these ideas?

-Greg
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Assuming the indexes are using the same Index 1, Index 2, etc., styles,

don't think there's any way unless you unlink the index and format it
manually.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I wish to change the formatting styles for the page numbers displayed
in my concordance listing. Currently they are the same size generated
by the index in the main document. Can someone tell me where to find
this information in the archives or if it is even possible?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-Greg