Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Alternative to mailmerge

Mike wrote:
In message
at 08:22:05 on Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Graham Mayor
wrote
There's no alternative to using merge if merge is what you are
doing. You will either have to put up with the SQL message or
suppress it via the registry hack.
If you want to manually type labels, simply create a new document
from the envelope/label tool.

If I have a sheet of Avery Labels, I could possibly create a template
which looks like the MM main document and then do search and replace.
This becomes tricky then if I need more than 14 labels (i.e. more than
one page)

If I can set the registry from excel VBA then I will be happy - this
looks easy enough although I have not seen examples of how to delete
the entry afterwards

This is easier than dismissing the message, or applying the registry hack?