Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GAP@DOT GAP@DOT is offline

Default re-connecting tables

Making some progress. I highlighted the ¶, then went to Paragraph under
Format and saw the 'keep with next' box was not checked. When I checked it,
the lower part of the table came back to the same page as the upper part, but
I still can't delete the ¶.

"GAP@DOT" wrote:

I used to be able to delete the ¶, but I must have something set differently
in this document because I can't delete it with the Delete key or even with
Ctrl+Delete. Something else is different too. When I split tables now, the
lower part jumps to the next page, and I can't get it back to the same page
as the upper part.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Select and delete all of the contents between the tables; they will then
merge. (Strictly speaking, what merges the table is when you delete the
paragraph mark, ¶, between them.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GAP@DOT" wrote in message
I split a table into two tables. I did some other work elsewhwere in the
document, then I decided I wanted to re-connect the two tables. How do I
re-connect the two tables back into one table without using the undo
button
and losing my other work?