Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Insert Page X of Y in footer in 2007

It can be easier in Word 2007, too. There is a Page X of Y Building Block in
the Page Number gallery (Insert | Header & Footer | Page Number or Header &
Footer Tools | Design | Header & Footer | Page Number). Note that the BB is
described as "Bold Numbers," and in fact the numbers will be bold if you
insert the BB as a header or footer (using the Top of Page or Bottom of Page
item), but if you insert it using Current Position, the numbers will not be
bold (which I'd guess would be most users' preference).

http://word.mvps.org

"SueG" wrote in message
Thanks for the speedy reply Graham. It was so much easier in 2003!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Open the footer
Type Page space
Press CTRL+F9
Between the brackets type Page
after the brackets type space of space
Press CTRL +F9
Between the brackets type Numpages
Select the lot and press F9
then Alt+F9 if necessary to display the result
Close the footer

SueG wrote:
Please can someone tell me how to insert Page X of Y in a footer in
Word 2007? Thanks