Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Default "Send As" add-in for Word?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Word 2007 already includes this ability. Set the default save format as
Word 97-2003 document format and Use Send E-Mail.

That's not /quite/ what I meant. What I mean is, I like to keep all my
documents as .docx documents. There are people I know who cannot install the
Compatibility pack and use 2003. (Corporate users). This means that I have
to do a "Save As" into .doc format before I send a document to them. What
Open Office has is a function that does "Send As .doc format" - no matter
whether the original is .odt or .docx. The original document is unaltered,
there are no duplicate documents in different formats, and I can use the
document format I want, not what is dictated by other users.

Hope that's a bit clearer!