Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
walter walter is offline

Default Cannot change margins in Word 2007

I cannot change my margins. Windows set them at 1/2" on left and right and
1" on top and bottom. I have changed them in Page Layout/Margins to any of
the settings, but they do not change from the above settings. I tried
"custom settings" also to no avail. No change.

I set the Options to show text boundaries and Word shows the proper outlines
of the margins. However, if I set the margins to "normal" (1" all four
sides), the outline shows the margins correctly at 1" but the cursor is
stuck outside the text boundaries at 1/2" from the left edge..

I tried a repair install. No luck. I uninstalled Word and re-installed it:
Still no change. When I start a new document, the cursor is 1/2" from the
left edge of the paper, but the text outline is 1" from the left edge of the
paper.

HELP and Thanks

www.rationality.net