Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Cannot change margins in Word 2007

I'm glad I could help.

Strictly speaking, though, you didn't tell us *which* of the two solutions
worked... :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"walter" wrote in message ...

Thank you. Your suggestion worked.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Maybe the text has a negative indent? You can change it in the Paragraph
dialog box; when you are done, click the Set as Default button.

On the other hand, it's possible that the Normal template (the blank document
template) is damaged. Exit Word and delete Normal.dotm. Then restart Word;
this recreates Normal with the factory default settings.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"walter" wrote in message ...

I cannot change my margins. Windows set them at 1/2" on left and right and
1" on top and bottom. I have changed them in Page Layout/Margins to any of
the settings, but they do not change from the above settings. I tried
"custom settings" also to no avail. No change.

I set the Options to show text boundaries and Word shows the proper outlines
of the margins. However, if I set the margins to "normal" (1" all four
sides), the outline shows the margins correctly at 1" but the cursor is
stuck outside the text boundaries at 1/2" from the left edge..

I tried a repair install. No luck. I uninstalled Word and re-installed it:
Still no change. When I start a new document, the cursor is 1/2" from the
left edge of the paper, but the text outline is 1" from the left edge of the
paper.

HELP and Thanks

www.rationality.net