Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] 1lorr1e1@gmail.com is offline

Default Insert Page X of Y in footer in 2007

On Thursday, 12 March 2009 15:35:50 UTC, Graham Mayor wrote:
Open the footer
Type Page space
Press CTRL+F9
Between the brackets type Page
after the brackets type space of space
Press CTRL +F9
Between the brackets type Numpages
Select the lot and press F9
then Alt+F9 if necessary to display the result
Close the footer

SueG wrote:
Please can someone tell me how to insert Page X of Y in a footer in
Word 2007? Thanks

I understand what the OP states this was a built in option and i always favour it over the 1,2 styling as it doesn't indicate clearly how many pages came in the document whereas page x of y does.

I typed all the above out but this was not showing the number even if i did press alt +f9 i took out the space commands written above. and it works by just having the following.

{page}of{nUMPAGES}

this is how it shows on my screen sorry for upper case levels but it works just press ALT+F9 to toggle between showing the numbers and the command view.

In all honesty a waste of time having to do this when it should have been kept within the office program, i hope there is away of keeping this in there.