Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default UK dating in date-time picture field

Word 2002? - From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the
General tab and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open"
item. Then when you attach the data source to the mail merge main document,
you will be given the option of using the DDE method of connection which
should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

catherine wrote:
I have an Excel spreadsheet formatted to UK dating (5 April 2006) but
in a mailmerge the date is read the US way and appears 4 May 2006.
How can I change this?. My picture field switch in the Word document
reads "dd MMMM yyyy" and my Excel column is "[$-809]dd mmmm yyyy;@".
I have tried copying the Excel formula into a date-time picture field
switch without success.