Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Changing the size of a Text Form Field

Before protecting the form, double-click the form field; Word displays
the Form Field Options dialog box where you can specify the type of
field (regular text, number, date, etc.) and specify a maximum number
of characters allowed. Note that in order to control the layout, you
should also place the fields inside table cells with fixed dimensions.
For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rayteach" wrote in message
I am trying to design a form using form fields to be filled in by

different
users on the computer. I insert a Text Form Field from the Forms

Toolbar. How
can I change the size of the response field? For example, I want to

allow
more room for the user to fill in their name than the response to a

question
about their age. I am using Office 2003 with XP pro.
--
ray