Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Style Type Char Char Car Car Char

Another way to avoid breaking linked styles is to use paste unformatted text.
I assigned this macro to a keyboard shortcut:

Sub PasteText()
'
' PasteText Macro

Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

Pam

Yiyomakaveli wrote:
HI!

I'm having problems when I edit documents in Word. I have predefined styles
and when I want to used them Word automatically changes the style to Char
Char Car Char. Ultimately all the styles are changing to Char 2. I tried to
eliminate this style but it doesn't appear in the Styles list.

Any hlep greatly appreciated.