Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Default Paragraph Spacing

Auto adds the "appropriate" spacing between paragraphs based on the current
point size to achieve effective double spacing between paragraphs. For
example, if my current point size is 12, I *could* add before and after
spacing of 12 points. This would double space between paragraphs -- but only
when the point size is 12.

If I later change the point size to 8, 10, 14 or 24, the before/after
spacing of 12 will now seem too large or too small. If I set before/after to
Auto, however, Word will automatically scale before/after spacing to match
the current point size, thus achieving the correct effect automatically.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"LGFN" wrote in message
In the Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab, under the Spacing
category - "Before" and "After", it's 0 pt, I press the Down button,
what's
that?, what's "Auto"? for what is it made for? for what can I use it?
anybody
has some idea?