Stefan Blom

1. Check if heading numbering correctly set up according to the
instructions at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html ?

2. If/when it is correctly setup, try selecting the headings and then
press CTRL+Q to remove any direct paragraph formatting. Then update
the fields again.

3. If the above fails, try the following: To get rid of (possible)
corruption in the document, copy the entire contents -- except for the
final paragraph mark -- into a new document.

For a detailed description, see the following article:

How can I recover a corrupt document or template – and why did it
become corrupt?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Does updating the fields work now?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GH" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you Stefan.

I tried, all the tables have been updated, but the numbering is

still
wrong for the figures. My list off figures looks like this:

Figure 0-1: "adsasd" page 1-1 ---Figure Chapter should be 1; page
chapter is correct
Figure 0-2: "besdsd" page 1-3 ---"
Figure 3-1: "adasda" page 3-1 ---Figure Chapter should be 2, page
chapter should be 2
Figure 3-2: "adsasd" page 3-5 ---Figure Chapter should be 2, page
should be 2

Chapter 4 and the following are OK.

Thanks for all help
Regards