Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default HEADER issue

If you selected Different First Page in the Page Layout settings, then it
provides a different first page for EVERY section. So you don't want to use
that setting.

Instead, create your first page and insert a Section Break, Next Page. On
the following page, go into the Header and in the H&F toolbar, deselect the
Link to Previous option. Now you can have a different H&F on the front page.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"William" wrote in message
Word 2003/XP

I have a problem with the Header in a document with four sectiions. In
section one I select the "First Page Only" option for the header, but the
same header appears on the first page of all four sections and I only want
it
in the first section. I've tried selecting the "This section" and the
"Whole
document" in the "Apply to" option in Page Setup/Layout tab, but nothing
changes. Ideas?

Thx,
--
William