Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
April B. April B. is offline

Default Adding Fields to Mail Merge

We updated to Word 2003 and when I try to go back into previously saved Mail
Merge databases, I have to first answer "yes" to a pop up that asks, "Opening
this document will run the following SQL command: Select *From (file's
location). Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you
want to continue?"

I click yes, then I get into the database, but when I click on Edit, I
cannot find a way to add additional fields to what I already have.

I notice that when I create a new Mail Merge database in Word 2003, I can
click on Edit and add fields, but not, seemingly, from databases saved from
before the Word update.

Can anyone advise me on how to customize (add fields) to my old Mail Merge
stuff?