Daiya Mitchell

Ah, I see. Right. I'm pretty sure it would be functionally possible to
create this as an add-in, but apparently no one has (kinda surprises me,
actually). You can post a Suggestion to MS, though I doubt they would
consider it a profitable feature to add.

If you think it will be worth the time and trouble to learn some VBA and
create your own macros to do it, you could ask in a newsgroup with Word and
Programming or Word and VBA in the name. Look at the ShaunaKelly link, and
consider your own end result to get a sense of what the process might be,
then ask the VBA gurus in another group how to go about automating it.

Hard to tell whether this might meet your needs, if still compatible with
current versions of Word.
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?7500000036206
http://www.didojola.it/Glossary/

Start here to make a Suggestion, requires Passport:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/co...spx?Sitename=3

On 7/29/05 10:11 AM, "chris" wrote:

Thanks Daiya, I'm making a science book, full of definitions that need
further defining: full of terms and concepts, so a glossary section is a big
must and the ability to sort thru it. Stuff isn't always in paragraph form
esp when it's entered. I tend to cut and past and considering the volume of
material something that would alow me to cut out a definition, tag it with a
key word, hyperlink it, and then place it in order,using that key word by
alpha sort, in a glossary would be a huge time saver as I write. One note
just dosn't have the sort and print ability, database programs just don't
have the word manipulation features word has, and most card and note programs
are difficult to intergrate. Thanks again

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/