Charles Kenyon

This won't fix broken documents, just new ones. "Applying" a template to an
existing document can change the styles and available customizations, but
not the underlying document structure.

When you copy from an old document into a new one, are you avoiding the last
paragraph mark and any section breaks?

What happens if you use paste special and paste as unformatted text?
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MikeTU" wrote in message
Thanks Graham-----when I saw your reply I thought I was home free. I
renamed
both Normal.dots. I reopened a document I typed early with the said
problem
and it was not fixed. Also if I apply the "normal" format , a good
portion
of my text becomes square blocks and unreadable. This also happens if I
copy
and paste the contents of my document in question, into a new blank
document
and click "match destination formattting"...a good portion of my text
turns
to blocks. Also spell check does not "spell check" under both of those
scenarios. I also tried Detect and repair----no fix. Any other
suggestions?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

This is often an indication of a corrupt template. Rename normal.dot to
oldnormal.dot and see if the problem goes away.

MikeTU wrote:
On several occasions when assembling a document with word, my words
in a paragraph are cut off at the margin (and continued on the next
line) and I can not figure out what setting in word formats
paragraphs to make words stay intact.