Jay Freedman

richardC wrote:
Hi, can anyone advice how to change the format of a specific bit of
text in a cell, I can set a whole cell to bold like
Dim r As Word.Range
cell = row.Cells(1)
cell.Range.Text = "This is some text"
r = cell.Range
r.Font.Bold = True
but when i try and use
r.SetRange(cell.Range.Start, 4)
to change the word this to bold I dont actually get the right text
In anticipation thanks, for your help

The second parameter of the SetRange function shouldn't be a length (like
4); it should be the location of the end of the desired range *measured from
the start of the document*. For instance, cell.Range.Start might be 1734,
then the number after the comma would have to be 1738. In code, this would
look like
r.SetRange(cell.Range.Start, cell.Range.Start + 4)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman