Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default create labels

As you say the data source is an mdb file, I assume that it is a table in an
Access database. If that is the case, Access has a perfectly satisfactory
Label Report Wizard that you could use.

However, did you perhaps change the mail merge main document type from a
label to a formletter or catalog?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"debbym" wrote in message
I have created the letters for my mass mailing using MS Word 97 and have
the
list in a .mdb file. I have tried to create the labels from this file as
well, but for some unknown reason, I can only pull in the first address.
The
"update Labels" button is greyed out on the task bar and I cannot get the
rest of the addresses pulled in.