Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Formatting footnotes when paragraph numbering is turned on

Please see reply to your previous duplicate message.

http://word.mvps.org

"dan_waldo" wrote in message
When I have paragraph numbering turned on, Word seems to insist that the
footnotes have a paragraph number as well as a footnote number. I can
physically remove this paragraph number. However, Word also
paragraph-numbers
the line drawn across the page above the footnotes, and I cannot find any
way
to turn that off or delete it. Can somebody offer a suggestion?

Thanks!