Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Cannot evenly distribute columns

So why are you splitting? It sounds like you have a 5-column table,
and every so often you need a row to span all 5 columns. The perfect
setup for merging when you need the all-the-way-across row.

On Sep 26, 5:04*pm, fashionroadkill
wrote:
But that is the problem. I'm not merging, I'm splitting.

"grammatim" wrote:
Sounds like you're talking about tables.

One way to get around the many problems caused by merging cells is to
do all your formatting and resizing before you merge _any_ cells (just
let the cross-table content take up as many rows as it wants in the
first column), and after the whole thing is done, then do all your
merging.

(You can use Ctrl-Y to repeat the Merge command so you don't have to
mouse up to the ribbon or toolbar for every row.)

On Sep 26, 3:12 pm, fashionroadkill
wrote:
I'm creating a document in Word 2007 with one cell across the page with
criteria, and the next row is 5 columns with the scoring and check boxes.
Each column has a box and a number. It repeats with the 1 column/5 column
configuration for a few pages. But when I try and evenly distribute ONE row,
it changes all of them, and they aren't even. When I copied and pasted into
Excel, it shows that the first 3 columns are 2 cells merged (one row), and
the next is one cell, with the last cell being 2 merged (one row).

I have tried starting over with a new document, I've tried a few different
computers, I've tried copying & pasting, I've tried creating new rows, and
I'm getting the same results so I'm starting to think it's operator error.. Am
I doing something wrong??-