Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge, user defined fields

Select the relevant contact folder in Outlook and use Outlook Tools|Mail
merge... to initiate the merge.

NB, Word uses a different method to get the data when you initiate the merge
via the Word Mailmerge Wizard - it does not get as many of the available
fields, and the field names can differ, so you may need to modify or
re-insert merge fields if you have already set up your mailmerge main
document.

Peter Jamieson

"Max Scott" Max wrote in message
Hi - I'm trying to create some address labels. I have my data in outlook
2002. I need to include a user defined field but can't get the field to
appear on any selection list when creating my mail merge document. How do
get to use the data in my user defined field?