Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
R. Merlin R. Merlin is offline

Default How can i set up a calendar-folded book?

Dear Friends,

I have a book of 300 pages (created in Word) that i want to set up like a
calendar, with the fold at the top (or bottom) of the page. I want to print
the book on 8 1/2 x 11 paper with the pages two up. The folding dummy i made
indicates that the left-hand page of this two-up set would be an
even-numbered page, and would be upside-down, while the right-hand page would
be right-side-up and odd-numbered. This is also true for the other side of
the sheet of paper. When done, i would ideally have a stack of 75 sheets with
four pages each on them (printed front and back). Cutting the sheets in half
on the center-line would then ideally let me stack the two halves, then bind
them at the top edge...

Help!

Is there a technique or a template or something else that would let me do
this?
The only way i could see to accomplish this calendar-fold thing is to create
two documents, one for even-numbered pages and the other for odd-numbered
pages (with blank pages in each document so they would mesh) then go for 4
separate passes through my printer...

Yarg.

I would be utterly grateful for any assistance you might offer in this matter.

Yours in Hope,

M*

R. Merlin

Post: re-flowing the text or converting it to a Publisher document won't
work for me because of the way the pages are composed (justified vertically,
adjusted line spacing, etcetera)...