Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xi Shi

Default equation in the paragraph

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Put the equation object in a paragraph by itself and set paragraph
alignment to "Centered".

Alternatively, if you need a number after the equation, you could use
tab stops (one centered and one right-aligned).

More suggestions can be found in the following KB article:

WD2000: How to Insert a Right-Aligned Caption Next to an Equation

If you are using Word 2002/2003, you'll notice that some menu options
have moved (for example, InsertCaption is now
InsertReferenceCaption), but other than that the article still
applies in recent versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Xi Shi" wrote in message
When I insert a short equation or icon in the paragraph, how can i

control
the align format of the inline equation and the text around it ? I

want
them to align by center.

Thank you for your answering! But my "center" refers to align up and down in
center,you know my equaltion are mixing with the text in the same line. the
equation or the icon is higher than the text, word align them in the bottom,
but i want them to align in center.(not the left right center)
do i descript the question clearly?