Jay Freedman

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:48:38 -0500, "Pop"
wrote:

Jay Freedman wrote:
Hi Terry,

If you really do want to reopen the last document, make a new
shortcut
to Word on the desktop. Right-click the shortcut and select
Properties. In the Target box in the properties dialog, at the
end of
the existing entry, type a space and add

/mFile1

Click OK. That icon will always open Word to the most recent
document,
the one numbered 1 on the File menu.

HEY! That's great! Don't recall where, but I keep seeing people
ask a question like that and never a positive response! KUDOS!

Hmm, wonder if that'd work for file1, file2, file3, etc.: That
would be handy at times when you want several files located in
different folders.
-- Any easy way to do that?

I can't find the source of that info:
-- Is it Word, Office, or XP sourced? I'd like to learn more.

Regards,

Pop

Hi Pop,

Yes, it works for the other files, if there are that many in the
recently used list. But you can only use one of them in any given
shortcut. A better solution for multiple files is the Work menu
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm).

The Help topic "Customize how Word starts" explains about startup
switches, including the /m switch. There's more information at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210565. The tricky bit is that the
"macro" named in the /m switch can be any Word command, and File1 is
the command to load the most recent document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman