FWIW, you won't find anything in the Help file about the Work menu. For some
reason, it's almost entirely undocumented.

As for word.mvps.org, it is very heavily trafficked; even Microsoft's Word
User Assistance pages link to our articles there.

"Pop" wrote in message
Jay Freedman wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:48:38 -0500, "Pop"

wrote:

Jay Freedman wrote:
Hi Terry,

Hi Pop,

Yes, it works for the other files, if there are that many in
the
recently used list. But you can only use one of them in any
given
shortcut. A better solution for multiple files is the Work menu
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm).

The Help topic "Customize how Word starts" explains about
startup
switches, including the /m switch. There's more information at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210565. The tricky bit is
that the
"macro" named in the /m switch can be any Word command, and
File1 is
the command to load the most recent document.

Hi!

Good suggestions that I think I'll be able to use. Thank you for
the veritable cornucopia of related links all about what I wanted
to know! I had experimented with the file1, file2 a bit, and
decided it would be useful, although not perfect, and the Work
Menu was completely new to me. Guess I have to go back to
learning the Help topics/contents again g.
In most situations, 9 files will be enough; the problem I have
is really that the files are, by necessity, in different folders
so 'dragging' over them doesn't help much. In one case though, I
can pretty easily get fifteen opened by using one manual drag, so
it's a big step forward for me. I've tried a macro to get them,
but t hat's clumsy and I never did get one to work out.
Yes, I noticed, and recorded, the caveats etc. that go along
with some of the things I captured.

Here's a minor OT question, and if you don't answer, that's fine:
IMO, MVPS.org is a pretty well kept "secret", though I don't
understand why. Do the server logs reflect a lot of activity, or
are they idling a lot of the time? Mostly just curious. I plan
to look for a source to see if there are any preferences for
linking to the ORG from one of the non-profit web sites I manage
(SPCA and HS Alumni) on Tripod.

Thanks much,

Pop