Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default replace font color

I respect your desire to learn VBA, and your approach is a sound one. I keep
saying I'm going to do that someday "when I have time." g

I'm sure you're aware of the weaknesses of the Macro Recorder, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ordedMacro.htm for some advice
on "fixing" recorded macros.

"RPMitchal" wrote in message
Macropod and Suzanne:

Fortunately, I'm aware of your responsive solutions as to how to go about
this, outside of establishing a macro. I guess I've simply got it in my

head
that I want to go about this situation via the use of a macro.

I have already completed this portion of my task by using a method

(without
a macro) of replacing the colored fonts with Black.

However, I am committed to learning at least the basics of VBA and have

been
attempting to write my own code for simple situations that I encounter in
order to get a handle on how VBA works. Which entails using these simple
situations as a way of putting macros together, examining the resulting

code
and then referring to my collection of reference books and/or this forum

for
additional insight if/when things go awry. With that in mind, I am going

give Macropod's suggestion a "go" to see if I can work it out that way;

using
the "recorder" and taking it from there.

As always, thanks so very much for being "out there" for those of us who
have come to depend upon you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Suzanne. I know that you're a "Yank" because
you're right next door in Alabama. Atlanta here! :-)

Rod

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't know how to do it via VBA, but it's a simple Find/Replace (not

even
requiring wildcards) to do manually. Just select Font: Color: Whatever

in
the "Find what" box and "Font: Color: Black" in the "Replace with" box,
leaving both boxes empty.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"RPMitchal" wrote in message
Word 2003

What I have is a rather lengthy document within which some of the font
colors are other than Black.

What I would like to do is come up with a macro that in essence finds

any
font that is NOT Black and change it to Black.

It is my understanding that this can most probably be done with a
find/replace using Wild Cards, but in furthering my VBA education, I

would
like to know how it could be done with a VBA Macro.

Thanks in advance - Rod