Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bonzaibanana

Default programming language

I am creating a document that will be a template for others to open and
specify specific things within the letter but not change others. When
someone opens it, they will find a protected document with a drop down box.
This drop down box will have several options with a macro upon exit. This
macro needs to:
1. unprotect the document
2. insert the proper file dependent on the drop down choice made
3. make the drop down box disappear
4. reprotect the document.

Is this even possible? If so, where would I find the language necessary to
do so. I was trying to record a macro for each step in order to familiarize
myself with the language, however, when I protect the document, the recording
option goes away.