Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Oz,

Your original post:
I havenąt opened the CD yet, so can anyone tell me if the templates etc.
are
available separately on the CD rather than within the installable MODD? Iąd
be able to open up templates on a Mac, but not use an .exe (if the MODD app
is an .exe)

As far as I can tell, the tools for Word are all contained in templates.

So I opened the CD following this advice only to find that installing the
templates is via an .exe therefore they are utterly unusable by me or anyone
using a Mac.

It wasn't advice; it was a statement of fact: the tools are contained in
templates.

I'm sorry, if I misunderstood your question. I read it to mean whether the
tools themselves were in templates, or as COM Addins. On reading it again, I
see I misinterpreted what you were asking. Probably because I assumed, on
reading the instructions in the book about installing the CD, that it was
obvious the setup is an EXE (and that the tools were designed for WINWord), so
no one could possibly be asking about that. That the addin tools are templates
and not COM-Addins is NOT obvious from the text in the introductory chapter,
however, so I opened *my* CD envelope to explicitly check on this fact for
you. Perhaps you can "borrow" a colleague's PC to extract the templates. But
it's not at all certain they'll run on a Mac because, from the text in the
book, I assume they do a lot of writing to the Windows Registry.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org