Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default How do I enforce group templates in Word 2007

Thanks, but unfortunately this doesn't get to the nub of the problem.

A have a folder specified for user tempates and that works fine. The problem
is I can't seem to be able to turn off the display of standard installation
templates - removing from the installation folder only results in the
application re-creating them. In previous Word versions there was an option
not to install templates in the first place but this option appears to have
been removed in 2007.

If I can't remove the standard templates the second possibility is to not
display them on the front end. However, both 'New' buttons in Word 2007 seem
to display tabs or drop downs for standard templates as well as our own User
defined templates.

"finalword" wrote:

You can either specify a different directory for your User templates or
remove all the templates from the templates directory to a different location.

You can also modify the New button in Word 2003 so that it doesn't open the
taskpane but rather automatiicaly opens the Templates directory in the New
document dialog box.

"chris" wrote:

We have our own company templates and want to ensure these are used by all
employees. However, all the New buttons that allow choice of template seem to
enforce the display, and allow the selection of, standard Microsoft
templates. Is there any way to prevent these being displayed?