WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Need roman numerals to be lower case in a table of contents

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can change the table of contents to display lower case roman numerals:
  1. First, select the table of contents in your document by clicking anywhere within it.
  2. Next, go to the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Table of Contents" button and select "Custom Table of Contents" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Options" section of the dialog box that appears, click on the "Modify" button.
  5. In the "Modify Style" dialog box, select the "TOC 1" style (or whichever style you are using for your table of contents).
  6. Click on the "Modify" button again to open the "Modify Style" dialog box.
  7. In the "Modify Style" dialog box, click on the "Format" button at the bottom left corner and select "Numbering".
  8. In the "Numbering" dialog box, select "Lowercase Roman Numerals" from the list of options.
  9. Click "OK" to close the "Numbering" dialog box, then click "OK" again to close the "Modify Style" dialog box.
  10. Finally, click "OK" in the "Table of Contents Options" dialog box to update your table of contents with the new formatting.

That's it! Your table of contents should now display lower case roman numerals instead of upper case. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.