Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Default Can I protect a "protected" document from being deleted and replac

It sounds to me like you want a template.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"PamW" wrote:

I wasn't clear enough with my prior post -- Document A has been saved as a
"protected" document; however, Jane opens the document as a "read only"
document, makes changes and saves it as Document B. Jane then deletes
Document A, then opens Document B and resaves it with the name Document A.
Can I prevent this from happening, by not allowing the "protected" Document A
from being deleted?
--
PamW