Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Copying toolbar button images and pasting them into text

Although I appreciate your frustration, my preference has been different all
along... especially since many buttons don't allow the Edit Button Image
widow in the first place

Invest a modest amount in a screen capture ustility - such as SnagIt! - with
which you easily can capture *anything*, save it in a graphic format & build
a library of reusable screenshots rather than having to repeat the process.
The resulting screen shots also provide a higher quality image.

http://techsmith.com/
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Laura" wrote in message
I am a college professor and often need to provide instructions to my
students to perform tasks on the computer. In prior versions of Office
programs, it was relatively easy to copy toolbar button images and paste
them
into text to show the students how to perform these task (i.e., go to
Tools,
Customize, etc.)

I have found Customize under Word Options but nothing I do seems to copy
the
image of the toolbar button so that I can paste it into the text of a
document. Is it no longer possible to do this and if not, do you realize
how
much you have severely hampered those of us in the classroom who are
trying
to use your products?