Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Copying toolbar button images and pasting them into text

Hi Suzanne -

Truth be told I haven't used that technique in so long I had forgotten about
it completely! Thanks for jogging the memory, but I'll probably continue to
rely on SnagIt! On the PC & Grab on the Mac And Yes, not only is it
supported on the Mac, but you don't even have to go to Customize - you can
just right-click the button, select Properties & copy the button image (if
it can be copied).

Some of the buttons I'm referring to: Insert Table, Insert Excel
Spreadsheet, Columns, Borders, Comments, ad infinitum, as well as *any* of
the combo box/list elements (Font, Font Size, Style List, Font Color...),
just to name a few. I've found this to be true in 2003 as well as 2004.
That's one of the reasons I haven't used the right-click technique for so
long in the first place.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/30/07 10:01 AM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But Edit Button Image is not required for copying/pasting (right-click on a
button and choose Copy Button Image, then use any customary method to paste
the image from the Clipboard into the document). And I've never seen a
button that couldn't be copied. Perhaps it's different in Mac versions?

In any case, I also swear by SnagIt and heartily recommend it. In this case
you can use the Object on the Screen capture mode, I imagine.