Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Find Dialog problems

I'm using Word XP. My Find dialog is defaulting to HIGHLIGHT. I change it, then everytime I press a button or enter
something new, it defaults to find Highlighted and replace Highlighted. This behavior is not continuous. There are times
when it works fine. It is intermittent even within the same document.
This may have resulted from a wayward macro that I created. I tried to create a macro that would find highlighted items
when I pressed the button. I was hoping it would do so without invoking the dialog box. Since it did not, I deleted the
macro.
It may also have resulted from a failed attempt to assign ^k as a keyboard shortcut to find highlighted items. Again,
the shortcut would not work within the dialog box, so I removed the shortcut.
I would like to rest my fine/replace to the default options. I don't know how to do that. Can somebody help?
Thank you!

Lady Dungeness
Out of Danger until September