Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2007 - what is small square at edge of screen?

It indicates that the given paragraph is formatted as "Keep with next,"
"Keep lines together," "Page break before," or (rarely) "Suppress line
numbering."

http://word.mvps.org

"Thing One" wrote in message
I scanned a document into Word. Next to some of the paragraphs there
is a small square (like the non-printing mark that indicates "Keep
Lines Together" in Word docs). I can't figure out what the mark
indicates, or how to get rid of it. (It doesn't print, nor does it
seem to be causing any harm but I am curious what it is.) Thank you
for any suggestions.