Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
LisaH

Default Weird Web pg text display after link from Word doc

I've answered my own question--the author of the HTML did not use special
character codes for symbols. Thanks anyway!

"LisaH" wrote:

I am placing a link to my company's Internet site within a Word document.
When I click the link, the Internet page displays, but with weird text and
symbols appearing in some places. When I click "Refresh," the page looks
normal.

When I create a link to Google, on the other hand, the Google page looks
normal. It seems there's something odd about my company's site. Any ideas
what might be the problem?