Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Ref field with graphic

You are not going to be able to do that - which is why I suggested an
alternative method that will work.

Amy Blankenship wrote:
I think you're missing the point. My question is STRICTLY about how
to get the ref field to show the floating graphic that is included in
the table that is wrapped in the bookmark to show in the other places
it is referenced. I think I can handle it from there if I can just
get that part to work. No amount of updating is going to do anything
for me if I can't get the entirety of the referenced items to display
in the ref field in the first place.

Hope this clarifies.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Have a look at http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
Create all the labels (business cards) with the REF field(s) then
add an ASK field(s) to the first label to gather the data. Save the
following macro *in the document - not in normal.dot*. Save as a
template. On creating a new document from the template the ASK
field(s) will pop up and request the data and fill the ref fields
with that data. Sub AutoNew()
Dim oStory As Range
Dim oField As Field
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
For Each oField In oStory.Fields
oField.Update
Next oField
Next oStory
End Sub

Amy Blankenship wrote:
Hi, all;

I am trying to create a business card template where members of our
organization can enter their information once and have it replicated
in all 8 locations on the Avery template. To do this, I am trying
to use a ref field that links to the entire inner table that is the
business card layout. The top cel of the table contains a floating
graphic, because this is card has a bleed on the top and left
edges. The problem is that the ref gets everything in the cel but
the graphic. Or maybe it did get the graphic, but it is on top of the
original graphic.
Any ideas?

TIA;

Amy