Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Turn on paragraph marks?

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dsjr" wrote in message
thank you

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Since settings aren't retained between sessions, I'd suspect a damaged
Data
key in the registry. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dsjr" wrote in message
Hi:

I am using word 2003 and XP.

I have had paragraph marks and formatting characters turned on (Tools,
Options, formatting marks checked) since I initially set up word years
ago.

Recently, when I open documents, the formatting marks no longer appear.
When
I go to Tools, Options ... , the formatting marks are no longer checked
off.
(And, when I check them off .. the marks appear in the document I am
currently working on, but Word reverts to no formatting marks the next
time I
open it.)

Any suggestions on how I can get the formatting marks to stay?

.