Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2003 sudenly shows "cut marks" (?) in corners

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839371.

If the procedure there fails to remove the marks, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...38d8ccab08d07f

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hugo Kornelis wrote:
Hi all,

My daughter just called me, asking for help with a computer problem.
On hew laptop, Word 2003 suddenly displays "cut marks" (if they're
called that in English - I refer to small markers just outside the
printable margin, such as used in press printing to indicate where
the paper has to be cut) on her screen.

It appears to be a display issue, as these same markers also appear
when she reopens older documents, that didn't have these markers
before.

I've never experienced anything like this, and after carefully
checking all relevant menus, I was unable to find the option to turn
this back off. And my daighter, of course, doesn't remember changing
any setting at all

Any guidance towards removing these marks from my daughter's screen
would be most welcome. (In case it matters, she's running a Dutch
version of Word 2003, on a Dutch version of Windows XP).