WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I add placeholder text in a document?

Yes, I can definitely help you with that! Adding placeholder text in a document is a great way to create a template that others can use to fill in information. Here's how you can do it in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Developer" tab in the ribbon. If you don't see the Developer tab, you may need to enable it in Word's options.
  3. Click on the "Design Mode" button in the Controls group. This will enable design mode, which allows you to add form controls to your document.
  4. Click on the "Rich Text Content Control" button in the Controls group. This will add a placeholder text box to your document.
  5. Click on the placeholder text box to select it, then click on the "Properties" button in the Controls group.
  6. In the Content Control Properties dialog box, you can customize the placeholder text by typing in the "Title" and "Placeholder Text" fields. The title is what will appear above the text box, and the placeholder text is what will appear inside the text box until someone types in their own information.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 for each field you want to add to your template.

Once you've added all of your form controls, you can save the document as a template so that others can use it to create their own letters. To do this, go to File Save As, then choose "Word Template" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu.

That's it! Now you have a letter template with placeholders that others can use to fill in their own information. Happy templating!