Ron Patterson

Thanks Doug,

Yes, I am looking for a .wbk file.
However, I have found out more info.

The program is acting really strange.
If I start a new document and save it, no backup is made.
If I then close, and reopen the doc and save it a backup is made.

If I open and change the doc and save it, the backup will not update until I
close it, and reopen it and save it. Then the backup will show the previous
changes to the doc.
Ergo, the backup only seems to work correctly once I save and close a doc
and then reopen and resave it.

Any thoughts?
Ron
"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
It will be saved with a filename

Backup of [filename].wbk

Is that the type of file you are looking for?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ron Patterson" wrote in message
ink.net...
Word 2002
When I create a new document and save it (often several times) Word
will not create a backup. And yes, when I go to Save As - Tools - Save
Options, "Always Create Backup" is always checked, but no backup is
created.
Thanks
Ron