Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default How to hide Mark Entries

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your anwer. But I still have a problem : The ¶ button doesn't
work.
In fact I noticed that have the same problem for # of legend figures,
numbers of pages... I cannot hide them (unless with a print preview)
What could be the cause of this problem. Is there somewhere a setting which
manages this display?
Thanks again

Robert

"Jay Freedman" a écrit dans le message de news:
Robert wrote:
Hello,
How can I hide the Mark Entries I created to build the Index of my
Word 2007 document ?
Thanks in advance

They're formatted as Hidden text. When you create an index entry, Word
helpfully displays all nonprinting text
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm) so you can
see the entry.

If the ¶ button on the toolbar or ribbon looks "pressed in", click it to
turn off the nonprinting characters, and the index entries will be hidden
from view. If you want to see the entries again, maybe to edit them, click
that button again; it's an on/off toggle.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman