Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default How to hide Mark Entries

Whow !!!
That worked !!!
Thank so much Jay

Robert

"Jay Freedman" a écrit dans le message de news:
It's possible to have Hidden text displayed while the other nonprinting
characters are not. Go to Office button Word Options Display and
uncheck the "Hidden text" option. The ¶ button only toggles the "Show all
formatting marks" option, but any others that are independently checked
won't change.

Robert wrote:
Eventually, Alt + [F9] on the whole document make the page numbers
reappear. But the Mark Entries for the Index are still displayed with
their cabalistic symbols.

Robert

"Jay Freedman" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Robert wrote:
Hello,
How can I hide the Mark Entries I created to build the Index of my
Word 2007 document ?
Thanks in advance

They're formatted as Hidden text. When you create an index entry,
Word helpfully displays all nonprinting text
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm) so you
can see the entry.

If the ¶ button on the toolbar or ribbon looks "pressed in", click
it to turn off the nonprinting characters, and the index entries
will be hidden from view. If you want to see the entries again,
maybe to edit them, click that button again; it's an on/off toggle.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman