Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
billzinn billzinn is offline

Default Word 2007 Disable calculations

I often have to submit "quotations" to clients - and I've spent CONSIDERABLE
time in creating a 'custom template' to accomplish this in Word 2007... and
it works great. But when I send this 'quote' to a client, I'd like to have
the "calculations" that I've done in a table that comprises this template so
that they are either "locked" or "disabled". My question: is there a way to
"lock" the table or "disable" the calculations I've done in a table in a Word
document so that I can simply send it via email - yet NOT allow any of the
calculations to be changed or the "underlying" calculations from being viewed?
Quite possibly this has been answered somewhere before - and I'm probably
'ignoring' a "basic functionality" of using tables in Word 2007 - but this is
something that has been 'a question' for me for a while.. so I'll turn to
"the experts" and ask this (probably) stupid question of someone that knows
more about Word than I ....