Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RCUSWALK RCUSWALK is offline

Default strange hyphenation

I am having a rather strange problem with Word 2007. When the word "Christ"
comes at the end of a line, Word hyphenates it as "Chr-" on one line and
"ist" on the next. This makes no sense since monosyllabic words are never
hyphenated.

I've tried disabling the spelling, etc., that was recommended for others,
but it has no effect. Word does this in every document and with any/every
font. The only thing that works is to disable hyphenation for the entire
document, which is not really an option for me.

I have not found Word to hyphen any other single syllable words in this way.
Being a minister and seminary professor, the name of my Savior comes at the
end of a lot of lines. Does anyone know how to fix this?