Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe in AZ[_2_] Joe in AZ[_2_] is offline

Default mail merge to fax via outlook

How do I do the merge from Outlook?
"Russ Valentine" wrote:

Try doing the merge from Outlook, not Word.
--
Russ Valentine
"Joe in AZ" Joe in wrote in message
I have a fax server integrated with our mail system via our PBX. I am
attempting to mail merge a word 2007 document with an Excel 2007 data
source
to Outlook 2007. I have a field in Excel "faxaddress" which has the
correct
format for a fax number to be accepted by our fax server. The format is
[fax:4801234567]. I can open a new mail message, type in a fax number in
this
format and hit send and the fax server collects and sends the message. I
can
also open my Word merge document merge to the data source and select the
format type "HTML" and the message will be picked up by the fax server.
When
I use HTML as the format, my document gets reformatted and is difficult to
read. If I use the format "attachment", I get an immediate "undeliverable"
notice that says: "' '4807527890' on 12/1/2009 8:57 AM
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's
destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address
and
try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to
the
email system of the recipient. "

However, If I go into sent items, open the same message and "send again",
the message gets picked up by the fax server and comes over correctly
formatted. The fax server vendor says the issue is with Microsoft Office
and
that Word is reformatting the address somehow when it is submitting it to
Outlook.Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone have any idea how
can fix it so that the messages get faxed out succesfully on the first
try?

.