John Campbell

I just saw this - it is identical to an issue I posted about a week or two
ago. Exactly the same symptom. I use the workaround to File/SaveAs and
overwrite the current version, but I learned that the temp file contains the
changes I made most recently.

Did you get a resolution to this? Is it a plugin or service that is
interfering?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?cmRvdWdodG9u?=,

First time saving is file, save as and we put it in a location. After that
all saves automatically go to a temp file when we hit save. Once we close
word, the temp files disappears and can't be found.

My first thought would be that some kind of third-party file management
software is interfering, here. If you boot Windows in SAFE MODE, does the
problem go away?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org