Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default stopping a document from being overwritten

You can delete documents in any of the file operations windows eg File
Open, File Save. Select the document and press the delete key. You cannot
of course delete any document that is open at the time.

Mark wrote:
Hi Graham,
I'm hoping you can help me. First, I apologize as the only way I can
get into the forum is via "Response". Not through "New".
Question: how do I delete a document in word while IN word? I wish
this
was a joke. The quick start menu allows me to save, save as, print,
etc. but not delete. Thank you for your help!!! Also I understand
how to delete it from the "outside" via explorer.
-
Mark

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Of course not - however if you create new documents from the
template there will be no need to rename the document. The new
document won't have a name until it is saved. You could also force a
particular naming strategy with macros in the template.

lisa wrote:
Hi
if i create a document that has form fields in it and save it as a
template using office 2003. will this stop other users of this
document overwriting the original.

I have to create standard letters that have form fields in them and
send out to our off site workers - but I dont want the original
overwritten i want them to have to rename the doc to save it after
filling it in.

if this is not the correct way to do it - any advice will be
appreciated.

lisa