Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Odd Odd is offline

Default Undo/Redo commands only apply to 1 key hit at a time

When editing documents in MS Word 2007 (Windows), I make frequent use of the
Undo command, usually cancelling typing entire clauses or paragraphs.

Some documents, however, seem to have a different setting of the Undo and
Redo commands, limiting the command to a single symbol being removed or
retyped with each hit of the Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y, rendering the command much less
efficient, and in my opinion, virtually useless.

I suppose this is a change in the settings brought about by my own doing,
however inadvertent, but if there is a "How-to" on changing the options for
the Undo and Redo commands, I have failed to find it on the Microsoft Office
website. If anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this annoying
little problem, I'd be much obliged.